All of us fall victim to the so-called ‘Winter Blues’ at some point, but that doesn’t mean our fashion sense has to suffer, too. Even in the dead of winter (we’re talkin’ even-Starbucks-is-too-far-to-walk-to-in-this-weather weather)…a good pair of jeans can still be your best friend. Bundle up and brave the cold with these denim outfit ideas.
1) Dark skinny jeans tuck in super easily to all your slush-proof footwear. Add another layer of warmth (and luxe) by rocking cashmere socks. Bonus points if they peep out of your boots.
DSTLD Option: High Waisted Skinny Jeans in Dark Vintage.
2) Make putting real clothes on to go out on a freezing Friday night less painful by pairing sleek black denim with a bold faux fur coat. The contrast is as dressy as it is comfy…not to mention warm.
DSTLD Option: Ripped Mid Rise Skinny Jeans in Black Powerstretch.
3) Boyfriend jeans can be a brrrrrr-illiant addition to your winter wardrobe. Depending on where you live, either wear them solo or (East Coast , I’m lookin’ at you…) toss on your thickest tights underneath. Pair with the chunkiest, warmest sweater you can find for a laid back look.
DSTLD Option: High Waisted Ripped Mom Jeans in Light Vintage.
4) Switch up your usual date night attire (…there’s nothing sexy about being freezing, after all). Try heavy-weight denim worn with over-the-knee boots for a super warm alternative that’ll still look flawless.
DSTLD Option: High Waisted Skinny Jeans in Coated Black Powerstretch.
5) Contrast your favorite ripped jeans with a polished winter overcoat. For a classic look, try a lined trench or pea coat. Or, add some chic personality with a textured, boxy silhouette.
DSTLD Option: High waisted Destructed Mom Jeans in Light Vintage.
6) Just because spring isn’t here yet doesn’t mean you can’t liven things up with a pop of color. Whether it’s bright heels, a pastel handbag or a chunky neon scarf, these accent pieces against dark denim will update your winter style while reminding you that warmer times are (…..hopefully!?) on their way.
DSTLD Option: Mid Rise Skinny Jean in Medium Vintage.